Helping tell your story to show the world why your work matters.
A well-told story can make the difference between growing your business--or downsizing. It can mean winning that big grant. Or not. Of course you want an award-winning storyteller to help tell yours.
How I can help ...
* Social media content and strategy.
* Editorial project management services, including proposal development, editing, and production coordination.
* Annual reports that showcase your stories while also providing the nuts-and-bolts.
* Meeting summary reports that remind participants why it was worth their time to attend.
* Articles, fact sheets, monographs, newsletters, reports, and training materials professionally edited and written, and worth reading.
* Marketing collateral--including advertorials and brochures--that demonstrates your organization’s value to clients and community.
* Web content that shows you know what you are doing.
* Winning federal and philanthropic funding proposals.
* Write and speak clearly, credibly, and persuasively.
* Target written products to affected/interested readers.
* Identify, access, and interview leading experts.
* Synthesize multi-source information into engaging narratives.
* Translate specialized information into ‘plain English.'
* Edit others’ work to make them shine.
* Manage large, complex editorial projects, staff, and vendors.
* Conceptualize “big picture," execute details.
* Teach, train, mentor, inspire others.
* Work well in culturally diverse settings.
* Highly skilled with MS Office, Apple digital editing apps.
Take it from my satisfied clients . . .
“John was a part of a team I assembled to promote the work I was doing on HIV in Africa. My team presented a series of papers at a regional meeting in Zambia. John worked with the team to ensure that the presentations were of high quality, communicating a consistent set of messages. John also worked on a manuscript with the group that later appeared in a peer-reviewed journal. He was delightful to work with, highly knowledgeable, and skilled. I recommend him both as a strategic thinker to guide your communications efforts and as a technical consultant with many skills to produce your communication tools.”
GREGORY PAPPAS, M.D., Ph.D.
Associate Director for Medical Device Surveillance
Center for Devices and Radiological Health, FDA/DHHS
“It is a pleasure to work with a professional. That was my experience with John. I benefited greatly from his journalistic experience, his writing skills, his knowledge of the HIV and AIDS world and his creative approach to our projects. I recommend him highly.”
FRANK WEBB, Ph.D.
Duke University Center for International Development
“John-Manuel is an excellent writer and researcher. His books--Victory Deferred: How AIDS Changed Gay Life in America, and Hot Stuff: A Brief History of Disco--demonstrate his talent as a chronicler of social and cultural movements of the 20th century. John has the rare capacity to write both scholarly and "lay" texts that are well-researched and a joy to read.”
JUDITH AUERBACH, Ph.D.
Science and policy consultant, Adjunct Professor
University of California-San Francisco School of Medicine